Wild Type Ranch At A Glance
Wild Type Ranch is a family ranch located near Cameron, in Milam County, Texas. We are husband and wife team Ralph Mitchell and Sara Faivre-Davis, with Cathy helping us out when needed. We raise beef cattle based on Red and Black Angus genetics, producing 100% pasture-raised Natural Angus Beef.
- Our cattle are raised entirely on grass, never any grain or other feed.
- Our pastures are only fertilized with Neptune's Harvest organic ocean fish and seaweed fertilizer.
- No herbicides or chemicals are routinely sprayed. All pasture weeds are mechanically shredded back onto the ground as a natural mulch.
- No growth implants or antibiotics are used for enhanced growth rates.
Our guiding principle is respect for all life. We believe in the judicious and ethical use of technology in producing a high quality, sustainable product, while practicing responsible environmental stewardship.
We'll stack our beef up against any in the country.
Check back often for updates on beef availability.
If anyone needs any convincing that grass-fed beef is better than commercially raised animals, have a look here...
News from the Farm
- Welcome to 2017 December 31, 2016
- End of the year... Almost! December 2, 2016
- Photo(s) added: November 15, 2016
- Wild Type Ranch November News November 5, 2016
- October Orders October 4, 2016
- Reminder for CSA members... September 17, 2016
- September Orders September 4, 2016
- Welcome to August! August 1, 2016
- Still time to $AVE on Ground Beef and Packs! July 15, 2016
- FANTASTIC Ground Beef and Pack Sale Now through July 21! July 5, 2016